The University of Texas Medical Branch Nurse Clinician II - TDCJ ICU in Galveston, Texas
RN with six months of clinical RN experience and/or successful completion of probationary NC I period documented on CCAP tool. Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license or valid permit to practice in Texas.
Advanced Beginner Clinician. Possesses knowledge and skill necessary to meet nursing standards for professional practice specified in Texas Nurse Practice Act without supervision. Recognizes when assistance is needed and seeks appropriate resources. Practice is characterized by a balance of dependent and interdependent decision making. Focus is on expanding knowledge and skills for specialty area. Provides patient care through nursing based practices upon the American Nurses Association Standards of Practice, Nursing Process and UTMB's three domains for competency and advancement: Professional Practice, Professional Performance and Performance Improvement.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Completes required specialty specific Competency Based Orientation (CBO) tools by the initial performance evaluation due date for placement in employee file.
- Actively participates in the initial and ongoing evaluation of competency using competency based orientation tools and/or Competency and Clinical Advancement Program (CCAP) tools.
- Independently and competently assists with activities for assigned area embodying UTMB’s core values.
- Competently assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the daily care of assigned patients.
- Identifies nursing diagnoses/patient care needs. Develops and individualizes care plan, and revises plan of care as needed.
- Executes physician's orders for all assigned patients. Administers medications and treatments and delivers culturally, age and specialty appropriate competent nursing care in accordance with UTMB's policies, procedures, and standards.
- Competently performs routine technical procedures/skills in specialty area assigned.
- Provides basic patient/family instruction and healthcare teaching
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Nurse Clinician II - TDCJ ICU
Job ID: 53827
Business Unit: TDCJH