The University of Texas Medical Branch Network Analyst - Information Services in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and 2 years related experience.
To provide the technical skills required to design, modify,and maintain complex and varied data communication networkconfigurations.
From $54,240.00 To $68,000.00 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
Under minimal supervision, implements and maintains network services. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help plan and maintain wired and wireless networks with guidance from network engineers. Tests and troubleshoots network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. This position is responsible for adhering to IT general controls and compliance to documented standards. A close working relationship with all areas of Information Services is critical to the success of this position.
- Support Network staff in the operations of infrastructure including performing installation, repair and maintenance of wired and wireless network equipment.
- Maintain site documentation, asset records, receiving and organizing equipment.
- Responsible for following and enforcing industry and university standards, operational policies and on-going procedures.
- Work with Network technical support staff to complete orders, resolve issues and escalate to network engineers.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Use testing to install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair wired and wireless networks.
- Analyzes recurring issues to formulate an effective resolution action plan including providing feedback to Networking engineers for recommended updates of procedures and standards.
- Provide first contact for technical support issues for Networking team including answering customer phone calls, ticket triage, and equipment repair and troubleshooting.
- Provide field support for Network engineers for equipment and service installation, repair and troubleshooting.
This position assists UTMB by maintaining the technical direction and framework for service delivery and operational performance of Wide and Local Area Network and security related services. In addition, this position will alsosupport project management related to UTMB network infrastructure projects for the network and security teams.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and two years related experience.
Cisco CCNA certification.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills as well as the ability to handle urgent and multiple unplanned priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interface with customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Shares technical knowledge and skills with other team members to develop team members’ capabilities.
Preferred Work Experience
- Proficient with Cisco enterprise routers and switches.
- Experience effectively managing multiple assignments involving competing priorities.
- Experience supporting medium to large size enterprise networks.
- Performs related duties as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Network Analyst - Information Services
Job ID: 55142
Business Unit: CIOIS