The University of Texas Medical Branch MRI Technologist Manager - Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or radiologic graduate of an accredited radiologic health science program and ARRT(R) registered. Advanced registry in MRI required along with five (5) years of related experience.
Manages, coordinates, evaluates and directs patient care services and all technical and administrative activities in alignment with UTMB Health’s Mission, Vision and Values. Provides leadership in planning, organizing, staffing and controlling the daily operational functions of MRI services. Performs duties in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plan, ACR, TJC and other licensing, accrediting and regulatory agencies.
The salary range for this position is from $73,923 to $118,277 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code PC21.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assigns staff and workload requirements regarding changing priorities in daily operations.
- Interacts and communicates with physicians, support staff, and other health care professionals to facilitate departmental operations.
- Monitors the status of equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, gathers data on equipment malfunction and associated down time, and documents its effects on patient care.
- Disseminates and assures compliance with department and institutional policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Provides practical instruction for students and other health care professionals.
- Evaluates staff, provides counsel, monitors performance, directs orientation, provides guidance, and constructively influences staff morale.
- Gathers data and participates in the department’s quality assurance and improvement plan to achieve a defined level of quality and appropriateness of patient care services.
- Controls inventory, care for, and purchase of supplies regarding areas of responsibility.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Maintains knowledge of, observes, and enforces the safety measures in Environment of Care.
- Provides advanced MRI Safety Training for the intra _operative MRI suite for all new hires to include physicians nursing staff, anesthesiologists along with radiology personnel
- Participates in the research process
- Leads in the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work flow; and takes active lead in the ePerformance process;
- Maintains the ability to perform procedures in the discipline for which they supervise to include assessment of patient needs (see attached age-specific addendum).
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
#ld #lmd01 #allied #rad
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: MRI Technologist Manager - Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Job ID: 53605
Business Unit: HOSPT