The University of Texas Medical Branch Mid Level Practitioner - Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner- Family Medicine in Galveston, Texas
Graduation from an Accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Program and current licensure to practice in the State of Texas. No experience required.
Performs responsible clinical care in collaboration with the unit physician and under approved protocols, manages the medical aspects of care in the observation, assessment, diagnosis, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, care and health teachings of persons who are ill, injured or infirm or experiencing changes in normal health processes; and in the promotion and maintenance of health & prevention of illness in a clinical setting.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provide care of inpatients including:
- H & P
- discharge summary
- daily rounds
- daily notes on patients alongside the faculty
- Provide independent outpatient visits for primary care in the Primary Care Pavilion Family Medicine Center with acute, continuity and occupational medicine patients
- Assist with case management
- Must be able to walk or drive from the hospital to the outpatient clinic(s).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Ability to independently assess and manage ambulatory patients including ordering & interpreting lab & imaging studies
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Mid Level Practitioner - Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner- Family Medicine
Job ID: 53163
Business Unit: SOMED