The University of Texas Medical Branch Medical Records Technician (Birth Registration) - Health Information Management (Galveston) in Galveston, Texas
Associates Degree in Health Information Management or equivalent.
To provide specialized technical skills or diversified clerical duties associated with medical record procedures.
The salary range for this position is $28,000/yr - $42,000/yr commensurate with experience.
This pay band for this position is CS12.
Specific Job Related Duties
Responsible for managing all birth registration processes in accordance to statutory regulations and hospital procedures.
- interviewing patients at bedside
- review patient record to gather the data required on the birth certificate worksheet
- review and validate gathered data for accuracy and completion
- data entry into the Texas Electronic Registrar system
- complete and review paternity documents as needed
- release completed and reviewed data into the Texas Electronic Registrar system
- maintain the established standard productivity
- maintain each workflow process to ensure guideline and timelines are met
- other clerical duties
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 7:30am to 4pm
Monday - Wednesday: 8am to 5pm
Seeking an individual with strong Spanish and English speaking skills.
Must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a highly paced work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Medical Records Technician (Birth Registration) - Health Information Management (Galveston)
Job ID: 53259
Business Unit: HOSPT