The University of Texas Medical Branch Maternal and Child Specialist - OBGYN - PBL in Galveston, Texas
Current recognition or the ability to be recognized as Nurse Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife or Physician Assistant in Texas.
Provide competent, age specific health care to women and children in the Regional Maternal and Child Health care program.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides primary health care to the patient/family throughout the life span. The provider uses the processes of assessment, diagnosis, management, and evaluation to provide care that integrates the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient/family.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the client/family.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and provides appropriate health education and counseling in response to patient needs
- Contributes to the advancement of his/her profession, the evolving role, and to practice.
- Seeks to ensure high quality care within the RMCHP. Demonstrates leadership skills in achieving improved outcomes for all clients/families.
- Is responsible for the health care provided to the patient/family.
- Utilizes age specific developmental principles when providing care.
- Acts as role model for clinic staff.
- Demonstrates principles of service in patient/family and staff interactions.
Master's Degree in related field
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Title: Maternal and Child Specialist - OBGYN - PBL
Job ID: 53737
Business Unit: SOMED