The University of Texas Medical Branch Materials Handling Tech - Night Shift 11:00 pm- 7:30 am in Galveston, Texas
High school education and no experience. Valid Texas Drivers License required. Must obtain within 6 months of hire: Forklift Certification (except for Mail Services) and Motor Vehicle Safety Course (except for Mail Services). Must be capable of demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the job in a post-offer employment test as administered by UTMB Rehab Services:
For Inventory: This job requires the ability to lift up to 63 lbs. floor to knuckle and 50 lbs. knuckle to shoulder and requires frequent bending, standing and walking.
For Delivery: This job requires the ability to lift up to 100 lbs. floor to knuckle and 50 lbs. knuckle to shoulder and requires frequent bending, standing and walking.
For Receiving: This job requires the ability to lift up to 100 lbs. floor to knuckle and up to 50 lbs. knuckle to shoulder and requires frequent bending, standing and walking.
For Mail Services: This job requires the ability to lift up to 63 lbs. floor to knuckle and requires frequent bending, standing and walking.
To provide the technical skills necessary in the handling of materials, records, mail, and/or equipment while anticipating and meeting customer needs, all in support of the logistics process.
From $23,200 To $29,000 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
- Works safely and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Keeps current and up to date with all required training and staying current in field of expertise.
- Works with multiple work teams to meet outcomes beneficial to the customer needs.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with internal and external customers to proactively understand customer needs.
- Operate standard materials handling equipment.
- Utilize email and Internet for work related communications.
- Maintains vehicle usage log, inspects condition of tires, checks oil, tops off the fuel once per week, maintains vehicle cleanliness inside and out, and reports any needed maintenance.
- Performs a combination of daily task associated with the inventory process, but not limited to, the following:
- Prioritizes daily work assignments
- Receives in merchandise for inventory process
- Puts merchandise away in assigned locations
- Does “let-downs of merchandise” from the reserve location to the primary case location
- “Replenishment of merchandise” from Case locations to Repack locations
- Pulls merchandise from inventory stock for customer orders
- Delivers “Stat” orders to the hospital storeroom
- Prepares customer orders for delivery
Keeps warehouse neat, clean and well organized
Provides data for the compilation and analysis of operational reports, to help assist with effective Inventory Management processes.
- Troubleshoots and communicates regarding Supply Management inventories and inventory systems to maximize cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction to meet UTMB fiscal and clinical performance objectives.
- Utilizes the Materials Management information system and related computer systems for daily operational needs.
- Supports and assists with cross training of team members.
- Maintains a clean, neat, organized, and orderly warehouse and office environment that is highly professional at all times and in accordance with all UTMB, state and federal guidelines.
- Performs related duties as required
Night Shift 11:00pm - 7:30 am
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Materials Handling Tech - Night Shift 11:00 pm- 7:30 am
Job ID: 53216
Business Unit: FACSV