The University of Texas Medical Branch IT Audit Services Manager - Audit Services in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s degree in related field with 10 years related audit/management/IT operational experience. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Internal Audit (CIA) Certification required.
Manages and performs independent, objective assurance and advisory activities over various areas of information technology (IT) throughout UTMB’s computing environment to evaluate and improve the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, internal controls, and governance processes.
Commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Manage, oversee and conduct complex information technology audits and special projects as part of the annual work plan, including the setting of objectives, directing the project team, reviewing team work and reporting results to executive leadership. Monitor implementation status of engagement recommendations.
- Manage recommendation/finding tracking and reporting systems for audit and significant recommendations/findings.
- Interact with and build strong working relationships with UTMB leadership at both a senior and departmental level on an ongoing basis and through such activities as serving on institutional task forces, and with other University of Texas institution’s internal audit departments.
- Participate in a management team assisting the Chief Audit Executive in administrative areas such as planning and budget development, training and staff development, performance appraisal, compensation and employment decisions, recruitment and scheduling.
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process and in the development of both short and long-range audit work plans for presentation to the Institutional Audit Committee.
- Assist in other administrative areas such as external audit liaison, quality assurance management, researching significant purchases, coordinating in-house training and orientation programs and fulfilling applicable transaction approval functions as needed.
- Stay informed of, and advises, audit management and staff concerning emerging IT risks/issues and changes in regulatory compliance requirements, standards, and best practices.
- Represent the Chief Audit Executive at institutional meetings as requested.
- Work on special projects at the request of the Chief Audit Executive.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: IT Audit Services Manager - Audit Services
Job ID: 53450
Business Unit: PRESD