The University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital Aide -OR in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent No experience required
The hospital aide provides activities which support the daily functions and operations of an assigned patient care unit.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assists with safe, prompt transfers of patients from various hospital/clinic areas.
- Transports specimens and requisitions to the appropriate areas.
- Helps to feed patients who need assistance to eat.
- Assists with personal care, including baths, weighing, and linen and bed changes.
- Recognizes obvious patient care priorities; communicates patient needs/ emergencies to the appropriate staff.
- Follows policies and operating procedures when relieving in a supply booth as well as clinical area: orders adequate supplies, checks for expiration dates, verifies charges, as directed by supervisor.
- Records and signs on the appropriate records/logs activities requiring documentation.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information at all times
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Hospital Aide -OR
Job ID: 51990
Business Unit: NSGSV