The University of Texas Medical Branch Financial Analyst II - Institutional Support Finance in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accouting or equivalent in related field and at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
To perform financial and operational analysis activities with an intermediate functional or organizational scope.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Coordinates, prepares and analyzes financial and operational reports, financial statements, scorecards, metrics, benchmarks, budgets, and financial forecasts as directed
- Analyzes historical and projected financial and operational data to provide leadership information to make relevant financial decisions
- Prepares information to support developing trends that will inform forecasts and management decision making
- Identify and utilize technology and best practices to ensure continuous process improvement
- Efficiently retrieves and compiles financial data and statistical information
- Remains current with and progressively learns industry trends, analytical techniques and appropriate financial systems necessary to complete essential job functions
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding, with progressive development, of financial statements and relationships, analytical techniques, operations, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, practices, and procedures
- Progressive development of the ability to analyze/evaluate data
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with individuals at all levels of the institution
- Progressive learning in regards to decision making responsibility with minimal guidance
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to accomplish goals
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism
Preferred Work Experience
Experience in Health Systems and Academic Medicine is desirable.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other financial tools.
Knowledge and/or experience with Financial Systems both for General Ledger and Budget purposes.
Hyperion Smartview, Hyperion Studio, Hyperion Workspace, Hyperion Interactive Reporting experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Financial Analyst II - Institutional Support Finance
Job ID: 57423
Business Unit: FINCE