The University of Texas Medical Branch Financial Analyst I - Finance Reporting in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accouting or equivalent in related field and 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience.
To provide assistance with financial and operational analysis activities with a limited functional or organizational scope.
$44,800.00 to $55,000.00, commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Supports the coordination, preparation and analytical review of financial and operational reports, financial statements, scorecards, metrics, benchmarks, budgets, and financial forecasts as directed
- Supports the analysis of historical and projected financial and operational data to provide leadership information to make relevant financial decisions
- Supports the preparation of information to support developing trends that will inform forecasts and management decision making
- Identify and utilize technology and best practices to ensure continuous process improvement
- Efficiently retrieves and compiles financial data and statistical information
- Remains current with and progressively learns industry trends, analytical techniques and appropriate financial systems necessary to complete essential job functions
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
- Performs related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Possess at least an entry level understanding, with progressive development, of financial statements and relationships, analytical techniques, operations, and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, practices, and procedures
- Progressive development of the ability to analyze/evaluate data
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with individuals at all levels of the institution
- Progressive learning in regards to decision making responsibility with minimal guidance
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to accomplish goals
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism
EXTERNAL RELATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
Actively participates with Business and Finance colleagues in completing initiatives, goals and priorities
Develops productive relationships with UTMB personnel across campus while accomplishing institutional objectives
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
Preferred Work Experience
Prior 2 years experience in a fast-paced finance environment in finance or accounting.
Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Micro Soft Access, Hyperion Smartview, or other data query tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Financial Analyst I - Finance Reporting
Job ID: 53721
Business Unit: FINCE