The University of Texas Medical Branch Executive Assistant - Office of the President in Galveston, Texas
A minimum of five years of experience working in a demanding executive environment. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Serves as an extension of the vice president, providing a broad range of administrative services to support the goals of the department and the enterprise area as well as the overall mission of the university.
$52,400. - $78,600.00, commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
JOB SUMMARY: Supports and serves as an extension of the executive, providing a broad range of administrative services to support the goals of the department and the enterprise area as well as the overall mission of the university.
- Serves as the first point of contact and represents the executive in a positive and highly professional manner.
- Manages multiple, competing priorities and deadlines expediently and with considerable discretion and judgment.
- Executes, with minimal direction, administrative duties at the highest level, including managing time-critical, sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Manages executive’s calendar and schedule, while preserving time in the calendar for strategic planning, as needed.
- Prepares the executive for each day by presenting a calendar, gathering and organizing appropriate supporting materials and files for meetings and activities, and reviewing the information with the executive.
- Plans, prepares and oversees all aspects of meetings for the executive, including: invitations, meeting agenda, scheduling of guests, refreshments/food service, audiovisual support, etc.
- Researches, assembles and develops various presentations, projects and reports for the executive.
- Participates in budget planning and development activities.
- Manages the executive travel schedule, arrangements and reimbursement.
- Procures equipment and supplies needed by the executive and staff.
- Initiates or drafts responses to various issues on behalf of the executive and proofreads all materials to ensure accuracy.
- Triages phone calls, mail, email and other communiques with executives, direct reports and staff members at the direction of the executive.
- Manages routine administrative tasks, as assigned. Examples may include: timekeeping, ordering supplies, processing invoices, filing reports, managing special projects, etc.
- Interprets and executes rules, regulations and policies, as applicable, and adheres to internal controls established by department.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other executives and staff members to create a high-functioning team that sets and achieves goals.
- Represents the President's Office with the highest level of integrity, confidentiality, professionalism and respect and a commitment to serving others.
- Models exemplary customer service both within and outside the organization.
- Interacts routinely with other UTMB executives and their staffs, departmental chairs, administrators, direct reports and the general employee population, exhibiting the highest level of responsiveness and customer service.
- Interfaces with external customers, such as UT System and governmental officials, community members, patients, family members, vendors and others, exhibiting the highest level of responsiveness and customer service.
- Creates, edits and produces professional communications, which require proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrates proficiency in PeopleSoft systems.
- Exhibits a willingness and aptitude for learning new computer software and other specified administrative systems, as required, to support the goals of the organization.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- May be required to accompany the executive to meetings throughout the campus and coordinate visits to or tours of UTMB.
- Performs related duties as required.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Executive Assistant - Office of the President
Job ID: 53137
Business Unit: PRESD