The University of Texas Medical Branch Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Echo Lab (Galveston) DAYS + CALL in Galveston, Texas
High School or equivalent and:
Certified as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
or- Satisfactory completion of a formal cardiac sonographer training program (1-4 years) must be registry eligible and attain certification within one year.
or- Graduate from a diagnostic ultrasound training program (2-4 years) with 1 full additional year of full-time clinical experience in a dedicated echocardiography laboratory and registry eligible and attain certification within one year.
or- Two years of college with emphasis on the biological sciences with two years experience in a dedicated echocardiography laboratory and registry eligible and attain certification within one year.
Provides supervisory and advanced technical skills in the performance of patient examinations and testing in the Non-invasive cardiac laboratory.
The salary range for this position is $59,200/yr - $88,800/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is PC21
Specific Job Related Duties
_ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: _
Performs diagnostic testing and care of patients appropriate to age as defined below:
Respects privacy and confidentiality. Facilitates maintenance of body image. Recognizes abuse/neglect potential.
Respects privacy and confidentiality Takes appropriate fall precautions. Recognizes increased potential for adverse drug reactions and interactions Takes appropriate measures to prevent skin breakdown. Makes appropriate provisions for thermoregulation. Recognizes abuse/neglect potential
- Follows the guidelines set by the laboratory directors for examination of the patient.
- Responsible for acquisition, recording, analysis and presentation of patient examinations, to include routine, stress and transesophageal procedures.
- Determines the most appropriate testing techniques for a patient in order to obtain the optimal information desired by the attending physician to answer clinical questions.
- Informs the attending physician of findings in difficult or unusual cases before the patient leaves the area.
- Attends daily echocardiography interpretation sessions.
- Participates in the teaching of fellows and junior colleagues, conferences and preceptorship programs.
- Cares for and maintains echocardiography equipment.
- Responsible for cleanliness and order of the immediate laboratory area.
- Notifies the proper personnel of the need for specific laboratory supplies.
- Responsible for proper record keeping, data storage and retrieval for clinical and/or research purposes.
- Assists in clinical research protocols as needed.
- Maintains statistical data as requested by the Technical Director and assists in implementation of total quality management program for the Echocardiography Laboratory.
- Maintains state-of-the-art technology by learning advanced new techniques and information systems.
- Maintains professional competency through participation in educational activities of the department and other related training
- Communicates professionally with personnel in other laboratories within the division of cardiology and other service areas of the hospital.
- Suggests novel approaches in the use of echocardiography in medicine and implement where feasible.
- Conforms to safety regulations and implement all procedures to comply with national and local fire and safety standards.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
DAYS plus some call (includes weekends)
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Echo Lab (Galveston) DAYS + CALL
Job ID: 53695
Business Unit: HOSPT