The University of Texas Medical Branch Coordinator II Residency Training Program - Surgery Admin in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent. 3 years related experience.
To perform a wide variety of professional duties in the management of all medical and House Staff programs.
$38,400 - $48,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
Coordinates the day-to-day administrative aspects of the Neurosurgery graduate medical education residency program in collaboration with the Program Director, attending physicians, residents, and other institutional regulatory administrative offices. As well as assist with the day-to-day administrative operations of the Neurosurgery Office.
Essential Job Related Duties
- Collaborates with the Program Director to assure that the program meets or exceeds accreditation requirements
- Knows the current ACGME program requirements
- Organizes and maintains residency training files
- Assists with the preparation of documentation required for accreditation (Annual Program Evaluation, Milestones, WebADS updates)
- Manage and coordinates accreditation site visits
- Maintain web-based ACGME surveys
- Maintain ongoing communications with the GME office
- Maintain evaluations and monitoring of Duty Hours through New Innovations
- Assists in the ongoing management of the GME program budget
- Process travel and oversight of the travel funds
- Process reimbursements for program related expenses
- Oversight of the recruitment budget
- Maintain the Resident Book Fund which includes processing orders, reimbursements, and monitoring the budget.
- Coordinates and processes residency staff travel arrangements and reimbursements, as well non-PO vouchers and internal billing requests, ensuring compliance with current UTMB Guidelines.
- Gather and maintain records for credentialing and reimbursement
- Assist new residents with the on-boarding process
- Collect and gather credentialing data
- Schedule trainees for credentialing courses (ACLS/BLS/EPIC)
- Ensure data in New Innovations is accurate
- Coordinate training schedules
- Work with the Program Director and Chief Resident to compile the master training schedule each year.
- Coordinate rotation schedules with other programs for off-service rotations.
- Maintain updated schedule through New Innovations
- Compile call schedules and update in AMCOM
- Organize, manage and schedule program related activities to include conferences, vacations, rotations, mandatory workshops, recruitment, journal clubs, M&M;, orientation, retreats, and other residency related conferences and meetings. Coordination and confirmation of the planned activities; distribution of conference material; creation of sign-in sheets for all conferences; entry of attendance into New Innovations database.
- Coordinate Residency Recruitment and Interviews
- Manage residency applications through ERAS and work with the PD to screen applicants for interviews
- Work with PD to schedule interview dates and communicate with applicants to schedule interviews
- Organize interview days: distribution of applicant files, evening dinners, breakfast, lunch, scheduling interviews, distribute information about hotel options, and escorting applicants.
- Administrative responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Program Director for GME related activities.
- Provide administrative support to the PD and faculty for patient related activities
- Work with the GME office for on-boarding, scheduling workshops, maintaining current certifications for residents, maintaining licensure documentation.
- Monitors time and attendance in KRONOS for residency staff.
- Providing timely training verifications
- Maintaining resident files
- Serve as the program liaison with agencies and institutional departments.
- Works in tandem with other Coordinators in the department filling in and covering other departmental areas as needed.
- Answers phones and responds to correspondence; refer University and external personnel to the appropriate source for information as necessary ensuring effective communications in a timely manner.
- Composes correspondence and memorandums in appropriate business letter format including proofreading all completed assignments for grammar, format, and structure.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies, filing, faxing, and mail distribution.
- Performs any related duties required to maintain efficient operations of the residency programs.
- The coordinator may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as related to the Department of Surgery or Surgical Services.
- Knowledge and experience working with Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Familiar with PeopleSoft financials and Kronos Timekeeping System
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task to support diverse areas within the administrative team
- Experience working in a team environment
- Prior residency training program experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Coordinator II Residency Training Program - Surgery Admin
Job ID: 53145
Business Unit: SOMED