The University of Texas Medical Branch Coordinator II Residency Training Program - Department of Family Medicine in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent. 3 years related experience.
To perform a wide variety of professional duties in the management of all medical and House Staff programs.
$40,080 to $49,000 commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Residency Application and Recruitment Process:
- Responsible for the development, design and updates of complete and accurate program information of all residency recruitment materials, including presentations, recruitment folder, brochure and resident handbook.
- Responsible for the implementation of coordinated efforts to the development, design, updates and maintenance of the residency websites and email-based recruitment.
- On behalf of the Residency Program negotiate and contract hotel accommodations, reception and lunch venues and transportation for the recruitment season.
- Verification of minimum requirements/criteria for residency candidate interview consideration; review of residency candidate files to establish level of qualification.
- Organization of selected candidate interview sessions, including the recruitment and assignment of faculty members, residents, hotel database scheduling and maintenance, van rentals, set-up and invoicing for van rentals, meals, hotel accommodations and meet and greet sessions.
- Compile composite evaluation databases and conduct interview evaluation program to assist in the final ranking of program applicants.
- Develops departmental orientation for new residency appointees.
- New Intern onboarding via Graduate Medical Education (GME).
- New house staff/PIT processing via GME/ Texas State Board of Medical Examiners (TSBME).
- Generate UTMB FM residency Contracts.
- Generate and maintain all Program Letters of Agreement.
- Submission of budget expenditure for residency program in compliance with UTMB budget policies.
Daily Program Administration:
- Documentation of resident’s records for the maintenance of current professional certification and licensure (i.e.: BLS, ACLS, ALSO, PALS, permanent M.D. and D.O.).
- Creation and implementation of annual resident rotation schedule in compliance with all educational experience requirements mandated by the ACGME, ABFM, RRC and facilitate the appropriate assignment and arrangement of faculty preceptorship.
- Responsible for assignment of all specialty and subspecialty rotations, including administration of arrangements and requirements necessary for outside rotations.
- Administration of didactic program adequate in quality and quantity to ensure compliance with the educational directives of the ACGME, ABFM and RRC.
- Coordination of departmental research projects, including maintaining and updating departmental list for faculty and residents
- Monitoring of hospital stipend utilization.
- Monitoring of resident educational funds.
- Tracking annual resident vacation conference requests.
- Administration of assignments for rotations of subspecialty residents and medical students; include documentation of requirements, assurance of appropriate levels of supervision and evaluation, arrange housing requirements and meal allowances, as well as the creation of appropriate on-call assignments.
- Schedule all resident conferences and educational activities.
- Produce and distribute educational material for educational workshops.
- Generate affiliation agreements/contracts.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all educational program documentation.
- Collaborative completion of RRC program application forms required for the re-accreditation process; responsible for collection and organization of supporting data and participation with all site visits made by accrediting bodies. (i.e.: experience, educational activities, attendance documentation, operative statistics, etc.).
- Proctorship role at annual examinations, organization of all resident activities, including but not limited to proctorship at annual examinations, mock oral examinations, etc.
- Completion and submission of all databases related to residency program, i.e. updates and maintenance of ABFM, AAMC/GME track, ERAS, ACGME, WebADS databases.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors on behalf of the residency program.
- Coordinate and promote the branding of the residency program
- Develop, coordinate and maintain residency media, including newsletter, email-based notification and residency websites.
- Planning, organization and promotion of residency related events, including annual graduation, senior dinner, retreats and workshops.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Demonstrate professional expertise within multiple environments, placing priority on time management, organizational skills, and constant high levels of tact, integrity and confidentiality as the position consistently involves participation and/or management of confidential and sensitive data.
This position requires some travel - approximately 25% time throughout the year.
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledgeable in Kronos Time Management System.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills to ensure the professional achievement of Institutional and Departmental strategic planning and development.
- Ability to operate independently as a results-oriented, decision maker capable of maintaining professional relationships with all levels of institutional personnel.
- Demonstrated expertise in the ability to operate independently to achieve and maintain high levels of successful project completion.
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills achieved in management level environments.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in the utilization of various software and web-based applications, spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in the utilization of Epic scheduling system.
- Demonstrated medical knowledge and terminology desired.
Preferred Work Experience
Four years of experience in an academic/health care setting.
#admin #prof #rsrch
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Coordinator II Residency Training Program - Department of Family Medicine
Job ID: 55993
Business Unit: SOMED