The University of Texas Medical Branch Coordinator II, Internal Medicine Clerkship, Medicine Education Office in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent; 3 years related experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage activities for a project or program.
$38,400 to $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Coordinates the Internal Medicine Clerkship Office which consists of 2 directors and approximately 60 students per quarter
- Ensures office has staffing to greet and assist students
- Answers student emails on a daily basis
- Manages student schedules (ward and clinic assignments)
- Creates, organizes and maintains lecture schedules (i.e., email reminders, faculty speakers, overdue evaluations and commitee meetings)
- Communicates with external coordinators (Austin, Houston, and AHEC community sites)
- Posts Tegrity recordings and slides for lectures
- Updates Blackboard website and other websites
- Tracks student assignments in* Blackboard*
- Collects paperwork from students (H&P;'s, Logbooks, essays, etc.)
- Enters grades for clerkship
- Manages all senior electives for Internal Medicine
- Collects senior elective evaluations
- Proctors exams and quizzes
- Sets up evaluations in New Innovationsquarterly
- Tracks online evaluations (e.g., student evaluations of lectures, student evaluations of faculty and fellows, and student evaluations of residents and interns)
- Provides education research support in the form of feedback survey data analysis, pre and post test data analysis, and monitors data trends (NBME exam data, etc.)
- Edits Dean's letter comments quarterly
- Drafts Chairman's letters annually (in July)
- Monitors clerkship lounge
- General office duties including filing
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain/manage a complex schedule of activities
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with Blackboard
- Previous experience in undergraduate education at a course or clerkship level
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Coordinator II, Internal Medicine Clerkship, Medicine Education Office
Job ID: 53172
Business Unit: SOMED