The University of Texas Medical Branch Coordinator II - Instruction Mgmt Office in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent; 3 years related experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage activities for a project or program.
$38,400.00 To $47,000.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
Work with students, faculty and staff in the School of Medicine and in an academic health-science center, coordinating course activities related to students in Years 1 through 4 courses. Responsible for but not limited to:
- Communicate and provide assistance to students, course directors and teaching faculty.
- Coordinate and provide support for multiple courses as assigned in Years 1 though 4.
- Insure goals and objectives specified are accomplished in accordance with IMC policies and procedures.
- Maintain course website(s) in Blackboard.
- Room reservations and scheduling.
- Arrange and attend course committee meetings, staff meetings, course director meetings and training sessions.
- Coordinate with lab personnel on course lab activities.
- Creating/printing testing materials, quizzes exams, etc.
- Proctoring exams.
- Create Gradebook templates, prepare and confirm score calculations, post course scores and final grades.
- Access and enter course and student information via MyStar system.
- Assist with NBME customized exams creation, implementation and management.
- Understand and evaluae performance expectations and initiate improvement actions as required.
- Support functions of the Instruction Management Office & staff, with other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in related field
Should be competent in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Email, Microsoft Web Expression (or other web development software); experience with Blackboard, Gradebook and Access. Prefer applicant with:
- Medical terminology experience and spelling aptitude
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously , prioritizing task to meet deadlines in an organized and detail-oriented manner
Preferred Work Experience
Three Years of Related Experience coordinating programs, academic or educational.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Coordinator II - Instruction Mgmt Office
Job ID: 53569
Business Unit: SOMED