The University of Texas Medical Branch Coordinator II - Department of Preventive Medicine & Community Health in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent; 3 years related experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage activities for a project or program.
$41,476 - $51,845 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
Job Summary: The Coordinator will advance the development of the Public Health Education Programs at UTMB. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: (1) participation in the implementation and evaluation of innovative education strategies; (2) serving as an information resource for the program with potential students, current students, faculty, and community partners; and (3) collaborating on the conduct and dissemination of educational research projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support for program evaluation in consultation with public health faculty.
- Provide support for data collection on learner achievements
- Provide support for maintenance of e-learning and online educational materials.
- Assist with managing external relations with community partners.
- Facilitate field placements for UTMB students.
- Assist with recruitment of students to Public Health Programs.
- Provide administrative support to public health faculty conducting innovative educational development and research projects.
- Provide support for keeping the education program website updated.
- Assist with dissemination of results, preparation of scholarly publications, presentations.
- Identify appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
MPH or equivalent public health related degree.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent presentation skills, including development of visual and audiovisual aids
- Knowledge of public health issues and training
- Ability to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Ability to plan, organize, set, and accomplish goals
- Attention to detail and timely completion of tasks
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and other presentation software programs
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to organize and present data in a concise manner
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Coordinator II - Department of Preventive Medicine & Community Health
Job ID: 55295
Business Unit: SOMED