The University of Texas Medical Branch Clinical Staff Pharmacist- Galveston in Galveston, Texas
Doctor of Pharmacy or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy and current state licensure or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Clinical Staff Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients and health care staff through integrated drug distribution and clinical services.
The salary range for this position is from $96,800 to $154,880 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code PC31.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Interprets physician's orders for medications and ensures therapy is appropriate for patient's diagnosis, weight, and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications per physician's orders in all patient care areas in accordance with departmental and applicable laws.
- Detects, prevents, evaluates, and reports, when necessary, Adverse Drug Events.
- Maintains patient medication profiles and develops patient care plans.
- Provides drug information to members of the health care team.
- Supervises the activities of supportive personnel.
- Serves as preceptor to technicians, pharmacy students, residents, and extended-interns.
- Participates in pharmaceutical continuing education, in accordance with departmental performance standards.
- Assists in the training and development of newly employed departmental staff.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
Performs related duties as required
- Full-time (40 hours weekly). Rotating shift and weekends.
- May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during emergencies
- Texas RPh license: Current registration as a Registered Pharmacist in the state of Texas.
- IV certification: completion of a recognized course in an accredited college of pharmacy or a course sponsored by an ACPE accredited provider.
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Chemotherapy and/or Infusion Therapy experience preferred.
#ld #lmd01 #allied #pharm
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Clinical Staff Pharmacist- Galveston
Job ID: 56215
Business Unit: HOSPT