The University of Texas Medical Branch Associate Director, Research Development in Galveston, Texas
Master's Degree and six years related experience.
Supports the Department/Center/Institute Executive Leadership and the Director, Office of Sponsored Programs - PreAward in the development of a department/center/institute-based grants administration function for the purposes of growing the quantity and quality of applications for extramural funding. Serves as a liaison with Research Services for dissemination of new policies and guidelines and for development of tools and communications directed at research community. Provides leadership, guidance, coordination and consultation to faculty and department/center/institute-based grants administration and/or science writer staff.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is a Band Code AP12.
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists faculty and department staff with the development of proposals and projects through ongoing communications and professional relationships.
- Collaborates with other department/center/institute grants administration and faculty to compile and submit proposals for multidisciplinary and other major projects.
- Assists Research Services with the provision of training and guidance to department/center/institute staff and Principal Investigators on the priorities, guidelines, rules, and practices of various sponsors.
- Facilitates identification of funding opportunities through monitoring of funding announcements and development of communication lines with Research Services’ Funding Library.
- Supports the development of a department/center/institute-based grants administration function in order to grow the quantity and quality of applications for extramural funding, in order to increase funding to other departments.
- Develops tools for streamlining proposal application process.
- Serves as liaison to Research Services for development and communication of training materials; development and communication of policies and procedures; and implementation of systems.
- Conducts regular performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback to staff, handle personnel issues including hiring, scheduling and corrective actions.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Experience with Sponsor databases /systems
- Previous managerial experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Master's Degree and eight years related experience. Preferred CRA (Certification in Research Administration).
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Associate Director, Research Development
Job ID: 53712
Business Unit: SOMED