The University of Texas Medical Branch Assoc Professor - TT Nursing in Galveston, Texas
At the Assistant Professor level, a Masters Degree in Nursing and a doctorate or a doctoral degree in progress is required. At the Associate Professor level, a Masters Degree in Nursing and a doctorate are required. Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
Department Marketing Statement
Founded in 1890, the School of Nursing was the first nursing program in the Southwest and one of the first schools in the U.S. to be affiliated with a university in 1896. The University of Texas Medical Branch School of Nursing at Galveston invites applications and nominations for full time faculty. As a component of the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), the school of nursing offers academic programs at the baccalaureate (traditional, accelerated, and RN-BSN), Masters (Family, Adult/Geriatric, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Leadership, Nurse Educator) and Doctoral Programs (DNP and PhD in collaboration with the Graduate School). The encumbent in the position is responsible for providing leadership contributing to the advancement of nursing scholarship within the School of Nursing, UTMB community and regionally. The school of nursing is proud of its excellent academic programs, strong clinical environment, modern classrooms, as well as, its innovative use of distance education and simulation laboratories,. The UTMB community values diversity among faculty, students, and staff at all levels within its academic programs.
UTMB provides a rich interdisciplinary environment conducive to teaching, practice, and research across the Schools of Nursing, Medicine, Health Professions Sciences, and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. The School of Nursing has a state of the art laboratory for bio-behavioral research, an interprofessional nursing simulation center, and other faculty resources. The UTMB campus is home to the University Hospitals and Clinics including the John Sealy Hospital, Texas Department of Criminal Justice Hospital, and the Biosafety Level 4 (BSL4) Lab and the Galveston National Lab.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
At the Assistant Professor rank the expectations are to:
- Demonstrate competence in classroom and clinical teaching using effective teaching methodologies.
- Participate in course design, development, implementation, and evaluation to provide appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Demonstrate competence and leadership within a defined area of nursing practice
- Perform the role of Academic Advisor to students
- Disseminate scholarly work in professional publications/presentation at local or state meetings.
- Participate on a minimum of one School of Nursing Committee and one UTMB Committee each year.
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Participate in research or practice activities according to preparation and expertise.
- Maintain academic excellence in education, practice and/or research through participation in continuing education programs.
At the Associate Professor level the successful applicant will demonstrate all the qualities as the Assistant Professor plus the following additional requirements:
- Demonstrate skills as a clinician in a specialty area.
- Exhibits leadership in clinical settings for increased collaboration with nursing colleagues and other disciplines.
- Effectively use innovative, state of the art teaching methodologies and learning activities that promote excellence in the classroom and clinical settings.
- Serve as an Academic Advisor to students.
- Assume a leadership role in academic programs and committee responsibilities.
- Demonstrate leadership through increased participation University activities and committees.
- Participates actively in local, state, national, and international professional organizations, demonstrating increasing participation University activities and committees.
- Serves as a mentor for faculty new to teaching or the School of Nursing.
- Directs and participates in research or other scholarly activities that contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge and nursing science.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Assoc Professor - TT Nursing
Job ID: 53057
Business Unit: SONSG