The University of Texas Medical Branch Assistant Professor in Galveston, Texas
PhD in the Biomedical Sciences
Strong knowledge of neuroscience, with expertise in the following areas: Biochemistry, Neurochemistry and Neuropharmacology.
Extensive experience in innovative approaches for the study of biomedical problems at a functional/molecular level is needed.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
- Participate in training investigators in the areas of neurodegenerative disease and other disorders of the nervous system
- Partner with established biomedical researchers in a highly collaborative biomedical research community to foster mutual scientific goals
- Build translational research programs
- Participate in committees which serve the Department, and the University
- Ability to collaborate within a team of researchers in a translational and basic science research setting
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken
Preferred Work Experience
- Ability to collaborate across scientific disciplines
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Job ID: 53484
Business Unit: SOMED