The University of Texas Medical Branch Assistant Professor, non-tenure track Preventive Medicine and Community Health in Galveston, Texas
Applicants must have a doctoral degree (PhD or DrPH) in biostatistics or statistics.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides statistical support services to UTMB faculty, staff and students.
- Develops new statistical inference methods.
- Plans, directs and reports statistical analysis of research data.
- Develops and adapts innovative methodologies which can be used in biomedical studies.
- Designs and implements statistical analysis of biomedical databases.
- Outlines and describes experimental designs, including sample size projections.
- Collaborates with investigators in grant development including statistical design of studies and preparation of statistical portion of grant proposal.
- Collaborates with investigators in methodology grant development.
- Writes statistical portion of manuscript based on results of analysis and address manuscript revisions based on reviewer's comments.
- Collaborates with biostatistics faculty to publish methodology manuscripts.
- Teaches both short courses and regular graduate level courses at a level consistent with the UTMB faculty and staff requirements.
- Provides sound statistical practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to communicate information to non-statisticians.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Personal computer.
- Proficiency in computing, including knowledge of statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, R, or SQL.
- Familiar with database management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Knowledge of statistical and scientific research design.
- Knowledge of data files handling techniques.
Preferred Work Experience
- Ten years of related experience in Statistics or Biostatistics in the healthcare field.
- Experience in design and analyze of clinical trials.
- Experience in conducting comparative effectiveness research or patient-centered outcomes research using electronic record data.
- Classroom teaching experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Assistant Professor, non-tenure track Preventive Medicine and Community Health
Job ID: 52939
Business Unit: SOMED