The University of Texas Medical Branch Animal Technician II - Animal Resources Center in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent and four years related experience. LAT certified.
To provide advanced skilled care of laboratory animals in a humane, safe and sanitary manner using appropriate and established procedures.
- Band CS13
- $30,960 - $46,440 annually, commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Feeds and waters animals as specified.
- Performs daily census of animals.
- Administers prescribed medications via common routes (IM, IV, IP, SQ, oral, etc).
- Establishes, monitors, and maintains non-animal and animal inventories.
- Changes animal caging as scheduled, sanitizes rooms, equipment and hallways as assigned.
- Assists in the maintenance of animal records.
- Observes animals for behavior change and/or evidence of disease and notifies staff as appropriate.
- Provides routine treatment for common disease problems and performs animal identification tasks using established methods.
- Assists in the operation of and the record keeping for breeding colonies.
- Attends in-house training programs to become more knowledgeable in the field of laboratory animal science.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure established for department.
Must be Laboratory Animal Technician certified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Animal Technician II - Animal Resources Center
Job ID: 52977
Business Unit: RSRCH