The University of Texas Medical Branch Administrative Secretary, Preventive Medicine & Community Health in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent with 4 years of related experience. 85% spelling accuracy. 40 words per minute.
To provide advanced secretarial and office administration skills.
This position requires typing and spelling test scores. The testing can be completed at our Welcome Center at 2200 Market Street Galveston, TX 77555. Please call 409-747-4800 to schedule an appointment*
$31,920 - $39,900 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provide advanced secretarial support to faculty, staff and students.
- Provide support for the porphyria laboratory including preparing and submitting deposits, and maintaining and reconciling the payment log; answer and direct patient calls; pull, file, and maintain patient charts.
- Process all PeopleSoft items (e-Pro, ISC, travel and vouchers), which includes reconciling receiving reports and cleaning up encumbrances throughout the year.
- Assist with tracking and maintaining faculty accounts.
- Track time for bi-weekly and monthly employees in Kronos.
- Answer and screen telephone calls. Answer the telephone courteously and efficiently and relay messages accurately. Provide backup coverage to other areas when necessary.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Sort and distribute office mail on a daily basis.
- Prepare Federal Express and other forms for express delivery, as needed.
- Be sure that the kitchen and conference room are cleaned and that the suite and lab is secure (doors locked, lights turned off) at the end of each work day.
- Type manuscripts, correspondences, references utilizing Endnote, and pull research materials utilizing Medline. Compile typed reference lists for faculty to accompany grants and manuscripts.
- Maintain copier, fax and printers by checking toner level and refilling paper bins daily. Place service calls when necessary.
- Maintain faculty calendars and assist with scheduling meetings.
- Maintain curriculum vitaes and biosketches for faculty.
- Provide back-up support to other areas as needed.
- Run errands as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Work Experience
- PeopleSoft: e-Pro requisitions, non-PO vouchers, Travel, and ISC.
- Medical Billing
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Administrative Secretary, Preventive Medicine & Community Health
Job ID: 53302
Business Unit: SOMED