The University of Texas Medical Branch Administrative Manager - Lab Services - Surgical Pathology Division in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field; 2 years related experience.
To manage the business and other clerical activities for a department.
The salary range for this position is from $45,760 to $68,640 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code CS14.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Manages the overall business activities and related department activities for a department and supervises the support staff.
- Assists in the recruitment of staff and support personnel.
- Develops, integrates, and monitors systems for use at the division/departmental level.
- Coordinates fiscal activities.
- Prepares/monitors income and expenses to ensure compliance with budgets.
- Prepares budget requests and budget justifications.
- Coordinates Research grants and contracts preparation, as well as overall budget activities.
- Assists the Department Head/Chair in goal setting and strategic planning.
- Coordinates special projects, and provides liaison work within other departments and agencies.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Performs related duties as required.
- At least 2 years of experience supervising
- Knowledge of Kronos Manager role, order in PeopleSoft, Hyperion (budget), Records Retention Process
- Knowledge of Lab is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and Word
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Administrative Manager - Lab Services - Surgical Pathology Division
Job ID: 53270
Business Unit: HOSPT