The University of Texas Medical Branch Administrative Manager - Business Operations and Facilities in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field; 2 years related experience.
To manage the business and other clerical activities for a department.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
Manages the overall business activities and related department activities for a department and supervises the support staff.
Assists in the recruitment of staff and support personnel.
Develops, integrates, and monitors systems for use at the division/departmental level.
Coordinates fiscal activities.
Prepares/monitors income and expenses to ensure compliance with budgets.
Prepares budget requests and budget justifications.
Coordinates Research grants and contracts preparation, as well as overall budget activities.
Assists the Department Head/Chair in goal setting and strategic planning.
Coordinates special projects, and provides liaison work within other departments and agencies.
Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
Performs related duties as required.
Specific Job Related Duties
Manage Daily Operations and Projects for the AVP Office
- Support the Directors, Assistant Directors, and employees of the directly reporting department
- Support all departments, as needed, within Business Operations and Facilities
- Collaborate closely with all eight AVP’s, as well as the Vice President and his office staff
- Prepare and edit executive presentations and communication
Human Resources Department Liaison
- People Soft FMS: enter personnel action requests—New or Replacement EAF’s, separations, reclassifications, additional pay requests
- Ensure employees have correct funding, reporting structure, and department coded within People Soft FMS
- Create and submit job postings, collect resumes, ensure job posting closes, assist with candidate contact and interview process as needed
- Maintain Salary Determination Worksheets
- Collect, maintain, and send position actions to HR for the Position Control Committee meeting on a bi-weekly basis.
- Collaborate closely with UTMB Human Resources departments
- Key Control Officer
- Trusted Requestor
Project Manager for Institution Food Services contract
- Maintain electronic and paper records pertaining to the contract
- Maintain electronic and paper invoices and communication regarding the contract
- Receive invoice and manage payments
- Maintain monthly reconciliations of all payments made
- Coordinate Quarterly Business Reviews
- Collaborate closely with Purchasing on all contract issues
- Create and manage all Purchase Orders related to the contract. Monitor funds.
- Manage the process for Change Orders as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of new Food Services offerings and projects
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Administrative Manager - Business Operations and Facilities
Job ID: 53639
Business Unit: FACSV