The University of Texas Medical Branch Administrative Coordinator - Surgery - Transplant in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field; 3 years related experience.
To provide professional guidance, supervision, and coordination in the administrative duties of a department.
$49,920 - $71,760 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS14.
Specific Job Related Duties
Coordinates all activities for the Division Chief and faculty of the Division of Transplant Surgery. Duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and plans of the Division ofTransplant Surgery.
- Ensures the goals and objectives are achieved with efficiency and within deadlines.
- Composes responses to e-mails and letters forwarded to the Division.
- Schedules meetings/conferences for large multidisciplinary teams.
- Assists with the recruitment of staff and support personnel.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of outreach and marketing activities in accordance with university policy.
- Schedules meetings using Outlook calendar, prepares agendas, reserves rooms, sends meeting reminders.
- Assists the Division Chief and physician staff with his/her operating room schedules, clinic, meeting preparation, and travel arrangements.
- Prepares agendas for standing meetings.
- Prepares/provides/distributes minutes for meetings.
- Provides tracking mechanism for Division Chief related to project management and progress.
- Works in tandem with other Coordinators and Administrative Support Staff in the department filling in and covering other departmental areas on a daily basis.
- Serves as resource and subject matter expert.
- Acts as liaison with agencies and institutional departments.
- Answers phones and responds to correspondence; refer University and external personnel to the appropriate source for information as necessary ensuring effective communications in a timely manner.
- Composes correspondence and memoranda in appropriate business letter format including proofreading all completed assignments for grammar, format, and structure.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies, filing, faxing information, and maintaining area bulletin boards.
- Sorts, stamps, and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Approves and monitors time and attendance in KRONOS for faculty and staff.
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and reimbursements, as well non-PO vouchers and internal billing requests, ensuring compliance with current UTMB Guidelines.
- Processes requisitions for routine, non-routine, and capital equipment purchases in accordance with current UTMB procurement rules and guidelines.
- Performs any related duties required to maintain efficient operations of the Division ofTransplant Surgery
- Knowledge and experience working with Excel spreadsheets and Access databases
- Familiar with PeopleSoft financials and Kronos Timekeeping System
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task to support diverse areas within the administrative team
- Experience working in a team environment
- Prior administrative support experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Surgery - Transplant
Job ID: 56217
Business Unit: SOMED