The University of Texas Medical Branch Physical Therapist - Angleton Danbury Campus (19 hours per week) in Angleton, Texas
Master’s degree or equivalent in Physical Therapy from an accredited program. Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Texas. 0-3 years of related experience.
Directs the evaluation, development, coordination, and implementation of physical therapy intervention provided to patients. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of physical therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the department and the organization.
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides evaluation, treatment and discharge planning to patients relative to age, culture and condition in assigned clinical area.
- Documents patient evaluation, treatment progress and billing, appropriately in the medical record.
- Documentation must meet peer review requirements.
- Communicates pertinent patient information with the patient, family members, physicians, team members, and other disciplines.
- Participates in rounds, clinics and case conferences as assigned.
- Meets required competencies for assigned area.
- Delegates duties and monitor service delivery appropriately to PTA, Rehabilitation Aide.
- Supervises students as requested (at least 1 year of experience).
- Participates in and provides in-service/continuing education/ research opportunities.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs related duties as required.
Preferred Work Experience
Experience as a Physical Therapist at UTMB preferred.
#ld #allied #lmd01 #adcc
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Title: Physical Therapist - Angleton Danbury Campus (19 hours per week)
Job ID: 46672
Business Unit: ADCAM