The University of Texas Medical Branch Nurse Clinician II - Out Patient - RMCHP - OB/GYN Angleton (Bi-Lingual Spanish) in Angleton, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) with current license to practice professional nursing in Texas. Six months of full-time RN experience in providing nursing care to similar (in age and specialty) patient populations.
Competent Clinician. Possesses general knowledge base and skills that are expanding to incorporate specialty knowledge and skills. Independently and consistently provides safe and effective nursing care by applying age specific, developmentally and specialty appropriate clinical nursing knowledge and skills to ensure the safety and comfort of patients/families according to legal, institutional, and professional standards.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: *
- Competently and accurately assesses patients and identifies actual and potential nursing diagnosis/patient care needs.
- Competently plans and prioritizes age and specialty appropriate care for identified patient group.
- Safely and competently delivers age and specialty appropriate nursing care to identified patient group.
- Evaluates the patient/family response and outcome(s) to implemented care and modifies the plan of care accordingly.
- Competently and consistently completes accurate, concise, and legible documentation on hospital records.
- Respects and supports patient rights.
- Practices and promotes positive patient and peer relations.
- Utilizes nursing research and quality improvement to enhance practice.
- Practices cost containment for the practice and patient.
- Functions as an interdependent and supportive team member and team leader.
- Assists in maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Professionally and consistently completes accurate, concise and legible documentation on hospital records.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Seeking an individual with strong Spanish and English speaking skills.
Preferred Work Experience
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
Ambulatory or OB/GYN and/or Pediatric Nursing experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Nurse Clinician II - Out Patient - RMCHP - OB/GYN Angleton (Bi-Lingual Spanish)
Job ID: 53013
Business Unit: RMCHP